Sell-side uncertainty on how to succeed in a changing market
Key challenges and questions for fuel suppliers and traders:
- Opportunity to drive growth, but how? What’s my business model? Physical/M&A? Which markets do I need to exit or enter?
- Lack of skills to consult with customers based on their increasing challenges. Challenges in moving from a purely transactional relationship to one of partnership?
- Need for re-calibration of sales teams and infrastructure to drive growth; Key account/customer relationship management.
- Internal knowledge and intelligence not being used for business planning.
- Uncertainty of and threats in volatile market; counterparty and credit risk.
- Dearth of non-strategic, ineffective marketing tactics, channels and collateral.