Buy-side knowledge gap in marine energy and procurement
Key challenges and questions for ship owners and operators:
- Uncertainty over fuel choice and compliance solutions.
- Charterer and legislative pressure.
- Reduce fuel costs and emissions, and be more competitive and profitable.
- Financial exposure to fuel suppliers/buying at the right price and using right hedging instruments.
- On-spec/off-spec? And am I being supplied with what I’ve paid for? Can I trust my supplier?
- Do I have the right purchasing, channel strategy and team? How do I shorten the transaction chain? Do I need to outsource or create internal infrastructure?